My husband says I need to add this mornings blooper because it illustrates the point I am trying to make in this blog. When you have alot to do and you get tired in the process funny things happen.
Case in point:
This morning I was still a bit groggy when I woke up, even though my sweet husband and older daughters let me go back to bed for a two hour nap at 7:30am (I'd been up with our 4th child since 5:45am, and I am NOT a morning person). I decided to have some applesauce with my bagel (strange breakfast I know). Because I try to be a good mom I get the natural kind. I thought I'd kick it up a notch by adding cinnamon. As I sprinkled said cinnamon all over the top, but before mixing I noticed something was not quite right. The spice color was off and the scent smelled more like... what is it? I was thinking...TACOS. Yes, it was cumin I had sprinkled on my applesauce. Thankfully I hadn't stirred it yet, and managed to get most of it off the top, grab the proper spice from the cabinet and stir it in. I think there was still a bit of cumin left in it, but it was surprisingly good. So, next time maybe I'll add a tinch of it. Who knew? Tiny part cumin, cinnamon, and applesauce. Maybe being to tired can be a good thing at times.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment