Well, I am nearing the end of the first season with my new business up and running. In less then a month the 2 recitals and the Musical/Drama review at the library will be finished. I am more then half way done with the paper work I need to finish by seasons end. All the costumes are purchased and here. The drama class has to do their own for our pirate play, although I do have 2 spares in case there is a last minute issue. For drama we need to do a few things for scenery but nothing that will take more then an afternoon.
Things I have learned so far this season, pre-show:
1. You may plan on getting certain things done by a certain point, but as a mom of 5 plan them to be done much earlier in case the 1st or 2ND time set aside is way laid by unforeseen events.
2. If you want to get things done have at least 2 or 3 plans of how to accomplish your goals in case the first or second plans don't work out
3. Reward those who help you...your kids with hugs, love, candy, or small gifts...husbands with praise and back rubs...friends with cards, calls, and cookies...clients with words of gratitude
4. Sleep is very important...of course I already knew this , but I am more sure of it now...I just wish that flu bugs, and kids nightmares would go away so I could take advantage of this knowledge
5. To be hard and soft on myself...know when to push myself, and when to cut myself some slack
6. A strategic way to clean the house, broken up into small pockets of time on certain days of the week
7. I learned more cues about when my children need various things, and what exactly they need. I also worked on teaching the younger ones to get better at communicating what they needed to me so with the time I have to help them I can give them what they want/need faster. Also, how to help the younger ones to tell the difference between a want and a need , and what is most important.
8. How much I need for my classes of: time to plan, equipment, books, music...this will help me keep in budget and schedule next semester
9. What marketing paths work in my area
10. I now have better lesson plans in place, and I know what works and what doesn't in drama and chorus with different age groups...dance I already had most of that figured out
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment